Stage 1 | Collaboration
Access Online Resources
Access industry-leading human trafficking education to build your understanding of the issue, financial institutions’ connection to the crime, and opportunities to help fight it.
- Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) Human Trafficking Guidance Report: Understand the presence of human trafficking in finance, and access guidance to recognize suspicious activity and detect the financial red flags of human trafficking and smuggling.
- U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report: Learn effective ways local communities can address human trafficking proactively and how national governments can support and empower them.
- Polaris On-Ramps, Intersections, and Exit Routes: Learn about the systems and industries that pose the highest risk for connection to human trafficking.
- Mekong Club Modern Slavery an Introduction Resource Guide: Understand the key definitions, types, and trends around modern slavery.
- Walk Free Foundation Global Slavery Index and How Business Can Use GSI Data Guide: Access country and regional studies containing the latest intelligence on global human trafficking, and tips for integrating the data into your internal risk assessment procedures.
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists Human Trafficking Resources Page: Find links to articles, outreach programs, red flags, and recorded conference sessions to aid your efforts to spot the specific indicators of human trafficking.
- Thomson Reuters Foundation Stop Slavery Hub: Access news, information and resources about incidences and actors invested in the global fight against modern slavery.
- Stop the Traffik Spot the Traffik Page: Leverage this interactive guide to help you identify instances of trafficking based on known indicators and your specific environment.
- End Slavery Now Slavery Today Page: Educate on the different forms of modern day slavery as well as their differentiators, prevalence, and relations to one another.
Audio and Video:
- ACAMS AML Now Talk featuring Sara Crowe and David Medina of Polaris: Learn how victims of forced labor are harmed in the agricultural field, the challenges of illegal massage parlors, the history of Polaris and how they are working with the anti-money laundering community.
- Liberty Shared Freedom Collaborative Data Webinars: Understand the use of data in combating human trafficking and what makes public-private partnerships successful.
- Mekong Club Every 15 Seconds Talk: Learn about the breadth and range of human slavery in the world today and how we can all play a part in helping to address this global problem.